Friday, July 30, 2010

Journal Entry 2 - (Semester 1, Week1) Expression of Interest

This year we had 10 design studios to choose from: Train Station, Winery, Art Gallery, High Rises, Court House, and the others are independent research studios, where students can choose to design something that they have long dreamt of designing, which I found is a great opportunity to make this dream come true...

I picked Paola's (she is our project leader) studio, because I think I have a strong direction and a strong passion for what I have wanted to do for years. I want to design a automobile museum/showroom/factory. Once I knew that there was an independent studio I was very excited about it. I lovee cars and I really want to grasp this opportunity which enables me to design something that isn't merely a typical curtain wall-ed car showroom, but a building that showcases cars, educates people about them (the manufacturing, the history etc) - a common thing that the majority of people are known to, but probably have not much knowledge of.

Attached below is my A1 panel for the first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment